Sunday, January 11, 2015

Is This Blog Worth Checking Out?


If you are looking for general information about the disease, in all of its many forms, there are many sites with fantastic information.  The National MS Society is fantastic.  A quick Google search will give you the basics.  www.nationalmssociety.org

If you are looking for advice on living with MS,  check out:  http://debbiepetrina.authorsxpress.com/

If you are looking for stories and reflections about people's personal experiences, try:  http://www.msbloggers.com/p/ms-blogging-community.html

With all these great resources and amazing people who have put in countless hours researching, organizing, and writing, why, oh why, should you stick around here?

LOL!  I'm actually asking myself that question as I type.

I'm hoping I can offer you this:  I have somehow lived through 20 years of this disease and come out in a pretty desirable place.  My MS is best categorized as relapsing/remitting, but even in remission the damage that has been done imposes limitations.

Through this blog I hope to share some of the hope and positivity that have come with victories, large and small.  I would like to encourage you to be active in understanding your disease and your body. Finding real limits - without assumptions - is crucial.  Any time you assume you cannot do something, you are doomed to not be able to move past that limitation.  I fully realize there are boundaries, immutable lines, but I want to know where they are without any errant assumptions caused by fear or hopelessness.

If you would like to join the conversation, you are SO WELCOME here!  If my ideas are too much - challenge me.  If my ideas challenge you, we have found a reason for you to visit this site!!


No comments:

Post a Comment