Tuesday, September 29, 2015

One day THIS, next day THAT

So, what will it be today?

Toss a coin..

Last time I did this exercise (2 days ago) I could do 12 reps.  Today, I fell to the ground after 6.

Did the muscle capacity change?  NO!

Did the mental focus change?  NO!

The neural pathway is variable!  Why?  What opens/closes it? (Silence)

The hope is that tomorrow the capacity is back to 12.

In the meantime, I stand by my theory that I would rather have a strong muscle fail occasionally than live with a weaker muscle capacity day-by-day.  Fully realizing the muscle strength can't compensate for the neural screw ups, I build the muscles and hope (and work) for generation of new neural pathways.

Wishful thinking?  Maybe, but I'm still fighting the good fight after 20 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment