Wednesday, September 23, 2015

More spoons, please!

I hope you had the opportunity to click through and read the SPOON THEORY.  Some folks have all the words.  (See previous post for the link)

I have spent my time thinking about that bouquet of spoons and feeling frustrated by the limitations it represents.  I'm sure it's a metaphor we can all relate to!

So, how do we put more spoons in the bouquet - more gas in the tank?

I ask myself if I am doing everything I can to make sure I'm maximizing that spoon count.

Taking care of myself?
Getting to bed on time?
Avoiding caffeine?
Eating regularly?
Healthful foods and drinks?
Exercise?
Down time?
Minimizing involvement in peripheral stress?
Massage?
Allowing time to meditate, pray and/or dream?
Laughing?
Nature?

Each day, each NO may mean spoons disappearing before they are even spent.  More YES, More ENERGY...

More spoons, please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment