Monday, July 20, 2015

Challenge groups?

If you are on Facebook or any type of social media, I'm sure you've seen a lot of promotion of programs that sell products (shakes, meal plans, workout videos, books) to help people get control of their weight and other lifestyle issues.

These programs, like Avocare and Beachbody to name two, appear to be quite popular and helpful for many subscribers.

I have nothing against a "pay to play" plan, but I am deeply interested in another model.  I am wanting to start challenge groups that are not based upon product sales and pyramid-type membership.  What I see is an online space where people join together in challenge groups to focus on the issues that matter most to them:  diet, exercise, mobility, vision, and so on.  The groups could be focal and target a single issue, or they could be multi-faceted.

My idea is to create online meeting spaces and electronic communications to teach, challenge and support.

I am open to the inclusion of people with or without MS who see value in joining together to improve health and well being.

I am also open to ideas of what would be beneficial to members of this growing community.

Comment, if you please, your thoughts about this idea.  Interested?  Know someone who might be?  Let's start sharing the idea and use this blog as a starting point to challenge one another!


No comments:

Post a Comment