Sunday, March 1, 2015

Proof enough for me!

Last weekend I had an incident.

I was lining up cross country ski boots around the wood burning stove, and (surprise, surprise) I lost my balance.  I reached out with my right hand and caught myself on the 700 + degree surface.

Good news and bad...  The bad news first!  I burned the pads of the first three fingers quite badly.  They are white and leathery and without feeling.  BUT, here's the good news...  I don't want to make too much of this, but I truly believe that the touch-point balance technique (outlined in the BALANCE tab) saved my hand.

I reached out reflexively and lightly with just a few fingers because I have trained myself to sustain and regain balance with this technique with years and years of practice.  The burn was localized to those small areas.  I am believing that without this mind-body training I would likely have reached out with my entire hand and put all of that vital tissue at risk.

The technique has kept me upright countless times and this time it may have saved my hand.

If you are interested in learning more, please visit the BALANCE tab.  If you would like more information on this very simple technique or how to apply it, comment below (and I'll happily type with one hand to reply!).

BTW - healing well day by day!

No comments:

Post a Comment